Sr. Customer Experience and Escalations Agent
Palo Alto / Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an experienced Sr. Customer Experience and Escalations Agent to handle escalated customer inquiries. Money is an emotional and important part of everyday life and Step’s customer experience is a foundational piece of our overall product experience. The ideal candidate is capable of identifying solutions to complex financial questions while identifying potential risk, compliance and regulatory concerns. This role will also help liaison between support, risk, product and design to streamline communication, improve the customer experience and reach customer resolutions as promptly as possible.
- Serve as the escalated tier for customer support chat, email and occasional phone contacts.
- Solving complex problems and answering questions in a real-time, professional, and friendly manner.
- Be the internal customer voice to report bugs, issues, or friction points that could lead to fraud, compliance or regulatory issues.
- Develop processes to quickly identify solutions to challenging financial questions.
- Work closely with risk and product teams to identify root issues and correct path of action.
- Make key decisions for first tier support agents to resolve customer issues in real-time.
- Continue to learn the business and take ownership of your role and responsibilities
- Think ahead and provide solutions that anticipate future needs
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp
- Can be flexible with your schedule availability and can work early mornings or weekend rotations, if asked
- 3+ years experience with customer support at a startup, fintech, or highly regulated industry required
- Strong understanding of banking and financial terminology and products required
- Be responsible for making decisions around complex resolutions
- Escalated customer support experience in a high-volume environment
- Very organized and capable of prioritizing tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to details
- Experience with current CRM and support software required
- Experience in fraud and risk a plus
- Strong experience in Google Suite, MS Office and Web based portal computer skills.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and work ethic
- Passionate about building relationships and improving customer experiences
- Adapt to new situations by thinking on your feet
- Genuinely curious about people and business, while inspiring passion in others
- College degree preferred
- Some weekends, overnight and overtime required
- A place to learn and grow, and strengthen areas of interest through an interactive experience, along with a varied exposure to different processes and teams
- A chance to work in a fast-paced organization focusing on innovation and growth
- Opportunity to be involved in initiatives and have ownership of tasks focused on continuous improvement with shared interests of the company
- Build strong relationships within and across teams
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻