Dispute Support Manager
Bay Area or Remote
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Disputes Support Manager. In this role you will be a subject matter expert in the field of chargebacks and disputes. You will be a key point of contact and escalation within the department for complex dispute matters. In addition to managing all aspects of the dispute resolution management process, you will support the Compliance Officer by identifying and implementing process improvements, monitoring daily workloads and ensuring that cases are assigned for review based on priority and regulatory deadlines.
- Effectively and efficiently resolving customer disputes.
- Process credits and reversals based on the outcome of the dispute claims.
- Provide excellent customer service for inquiries regarding dispute questions and claim information from Step customers.
- Review pending dispute files to see if all required documentation has been provided.
- Devise and share recommendations to solve disputes, and de-escalate customer encounters.
- Driving Analytics, reporting and ensuring investigations and processing of dispute claims initiated by customers are adequately completed.
- 4+ years experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role.
- Working knowledge of banking operations, fraudulent investigations, and regulations related to disputes.
- Have or gain a strong grasp of Zendesk Intercom, or similar case management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US Federal regulations E and Z.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to effectively research and resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻