Paid Social Manager
Palo Alto / Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As the Paid Social Manager you will be the go-to expert on paid social channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Snap, TikTok). You’ll work closely with our social, analytics, product, and creative teams to plan, buy, and optimize targeted media campaigns, delivering on direct response goals. You’ll scale our programs with multi-million dollar budgets amongst an ambitious and growing Growth Team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytic capabilities.
If you have experience with paid social and want to bring that to dramatically scale a mission-driven & disruptive company, we would love to hear from you!
- Scale and optimize best-in-class paid social campaigns to drive customer acquisition
- Devise, deploy, and optimize other paid media programs, such as YouTube, App Networks & Paid Search, to drive user growth
- Drive reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns, creatives, and the acquisition portfolio
- Develop forecasts and budgets for paid social and other media channels
- Partner closely with internal and external teams across data, product and design
- Tools we use: BigQuery, Looker, Branch, Segment, and others.
- 3+ years experience with paid social, including hands-on experience buying and optimizing, with a focus on consumer DTC or B2C brands
- Well versed with Facebook, Snap, and TikTok
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to answer your own questions and build reporting using SQL, data visualization tools, and spreadsheets
- Strong knowledge of the media industry and landscape
- Versatile and comfortable juggling multiple projects with several moving parts
- You have an eye for creative and instincts to what works
- Nice to have: Experience with MMPs and familiar with mobile measurement, and have thoughts on the post IDFA world
- Nice to have: Ability to cut or edit UGC video creative (we work with a lot of influencers)
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻