Bay Area or Remote
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
As our first Data Analyst, you will support strategic initiatives across Growth, Marketing, Risk and Fraud, Customer Experience and more. You will have direct input into key decisions. Your work will have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of Step. Every day you will leverage our suite of analytical tools to bring insights and opportunities into focus.
- Support all cross-functional teammates for end-to-end analysis on key initiatives.
- Develop, own and champion how we leverage Looker including defining standards, data definitions and dashboards.
- Build, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights internally.
- Effectively partner with product, design, performance marketing, social and product marketing to design, build and implement experiments that test data-informed hypotheses.
- Research and support ideation, brainstorming, and prioritization process with quantitative data.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role (consulting, finance, growth, analytics, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- High proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with a modern programming language a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Tableau, etc.
- Developer experience in Looker is preferred (LookML).
- Experience designing experiments.
- Ability to gather insights from data and communicate findings clearly to a cross-functional team.
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals.
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻