Gen Z is the generation of the side-hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Marketing and be a founding team member of the product marketing team, helping build and grow new financial products for the next generation. This person will dive deep into consumer insights, help drive product strategy, and lead go-to-market efforts and new growth strategies. This role has the ability to be remote with a preference for Pacific or Mountain Time Zone.
- Lead and support go-to-market strategy and lifecycle campaigns to drive conversion, engagement and retention
- Execute and operationalize product and lifecycle campaigns
- Leverage consumer insights and data analyses to develop new hypotheses and experiments
- Develop messaging, positioning, audience, and channel strategies to drive measurable growth
- Be a founding member of the product marketing team and build out new processes and systems
- Effectively partner with product, design, customer support, engineering, and other marketing functions to brainstorm and execute growth strategies
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new and creative marketing and product ideas
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer (B2C) product marketing, preferably with a mobile app, technology, or start-up experience
- Ability to craft a clear and compelling narrative to unique audiences
- Ability to develop strong messaging and messaging hierarchies across channels
- Analytical and experimental mindset can use and leverage data and insights to brainstorm ideas, make decisions and drive growth
- Curiosity and hunger for solving difficult problems
- Thrives in a self-starter fast-paced environment, able to work autonomously
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻