Palo Alto / Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1.5M customers in just six months. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an analyst to work all transaction dispute cases. The associate will collaborate and resolve cases according to internal guidelines and Visa Dispute Rules.
With supervisor guidance, you will provide optimal service to customers by supplying accurate account information and establishing expectations regarding disputed transactions. The Associate also will perform moderate risk analysis of account and transactional data in order to provide maximum protection of Step assets.
- Analyze claimant transaction history, perform investigation, to determine if the claim is valid or fraudulent and respond with written correspondence.
- Research disputes and build dispute cases to recover funds for unrecognized charges, non-receipt of goods, ATM disputes, etc. following Regulation E, Regulation Z, NACHA, and Visa Rules.
- Interact with the Internal departments to identify trends/issues and offer recommendations for improvements to policy and procedures, as applicable.
- When disputes are challenged by the opposing party via a representment, collaborate with senior staff to review the new evidence to assess its validity and resolve the claim or counter-challenge the presentment through Visa’s pre-arbitration, pre-compliance, arbitration, or compliance process or pass dispute to DAS Client to decision.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on all Claims Management products.
- Communicate directly with customers on investigation progress and collecting evidence.
- Must be available weekends and evenings on rotation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year call center, banking operations or customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive in identifying potential concerns and following up to resolve such issues.
- Ability to research and make appropriate decisions regarding complex cases.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful and confrontational situations.
- Experience with general banking compliance including Regulation E, Regulation Z, NACHA, and Visa Rules.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻