Community Associate - Social
Bay Area or Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1.5M customers in just six months. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for a rockstar Community Associate to be a founding member of Step’s community team.
Reporting to the Community Operations Lead, you will serve on the frontlines of Step’s social media channels to monitor, respond, and engage with our passionate and inquiring customers. You’ll showcase your wit and creativity in engaging with our social community with the goal of building strong customer relationships, a powerful and thriving community, and long-lasting brand affinity.
This is an insanely exciting opportunity to join a growing startup backed by household celebrities and social media power influencers. We’ve set out to improve the financial trajectory and literacy of the next generation, and we’re looking for creative, talented, and hard-working people to help us get there.
- Monitor, respond, and engage with Step’s social community members in a timely, friendly, and helpful manner across multiple social platforms (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook)
- Answer community member questions in private DMs and public-facing comments with the goal of building long-term brand affinity and customer relationships
- Track weekly inbound volume, and report on insights and conversation trends happening within Step’s social posts
- Be the eyes and ears of Step online; partner with cross-functional teams to inform strategic content based on customer conversations you see happening
- Work with Community Operations Lead to identify top Step users and brand advocates to build a strong, powerful, and passionate Step community
- Onboard and become an expert with our in-house social management tools
- Have a love and borderline obsession with Gen-Z, social media, and Step
- 1-2 years experience in community management and social media marketing, preferably for a lifestyle, tech, or startup brand
- Strong writer with an acute ability to communicate with ease and brevity, while engaging and holding the attention of Gen-Z
- Obsessive about checking social media posts and inbound volume, aiming for “inbox zero” on social media
- Passion for helping resolve issues online, and finding ways to mass communicate answers so other users can see before needing to reach out for support
- Love for building community and connecting with people, especially Gen-Z
- A perfect blend of an analytical thinker with a creative mind; curiosity for solving problems and improving efficiencies
- Team-oriented mindset and ability to collaborate with wide range of individuals across multiple teams
- Organized and ready to tackle each day with a positive attitude and congenial disposition
- Experience with social management tools, a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻