Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1.5M customers in just six months. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
We are focused on building financial tools for a generation that craves and consumes hundreds of hours of content a week. We are looking for an experienced brand leader to shape our content strategy across a variety of platforms, channels and creators to reach this generation. We believe content plays a pivotal role in teaching financial literacy and education. Our consumers value originality and authenticity; they are not only consumers but creators of content themselves. You will help us harness this creativity into a long-term content vision. This role should speak to you if you love building and are looking to leave your mark by empowering the next generation to take control of their financial futures.
- Develop, manage and lead the company content strategy focused on financial literacy and education to expand the Step brand and bring our mission to life
- Manage and grow the teams supporting our social channels and influencer/creator efforts today
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Communications, Product, Design and Customer Experience Teams to ensure company objectives are met
- Develop and experiment with new distribution strategies based on consumer insights and data analyses (videos, newsletters, podcasts, etc…)
- Uncover opportunities to build unique and exclusive acquisition opportunities for Step through innovative content strategies
- Work with the Product Team to identify new opportunities to develop content and educational interactions within the product
- Work directly with Product Marketing on all brand and go-to-market campaigns
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new and creative marketing and product ideas
- 5+ years of experience building, managing and running content strategy & operations, preferably in a startup technology environment
- Has a mastery of multiple form factors -- video, podcast, long-form, short-form, social
- Leverages data and insights to make decisions and drive strategy
- A strategic mindset that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan
- Thrives in a self-starter, fast-paced environment and is able to work autonomously
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻