Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an experienced Head of Recruiting that will lead the strategy, team, and resources responsible for all recruiting operations. This role requires a leader who will engage and develop team members at all levels of experience, utilizing their unique skills and diverse interests. You will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish metrics, and allocate resources to take the team to the next level. This individual will work closely with executives, develop strong relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems and training necessary to support the recruiting function across the company.
- Partner with stakeholders to determine recruiting priorities and capacity.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance related to job creation, interviewing best practices, offer negotiations, and recruiting functions.
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience and an exceptional talent acquisition process.
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions.
- Optimize recruiting tools and practices, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity.
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent for executive searches and high-priority technical requisitions.
- Partner on the implementation of the managed service providers and streamline of the use of their temporary or contingent hiring services.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of broad recruiting experience in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources.
- Direct, hands-on experience hiring for engineering, operations and product.
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, increase applicant pipelines, and present findings to the executive team.
- Experience managing a high-volume requisition load with competing demands from various business groups.
- Capable of managing immediate priorities while anticipating future needs.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and leading others through change.
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻