Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for a Head of Compliance that will report into our General Counsel. We are looking for someone to own our compliance program including internal consumer compliance policies/procedures, workflows, and our BSA program. As such, you will be a key decision-maker and liaison across Step’s executive, support, legal, risk, product, and engineering teams. This person should know fintech consumer compliance regulations like the back of their hand. We are looking for someone with previous experience working with A-Z banking regulatory requirements (incl. Reg E, Reg CC, Reg DD, marketing reviews, BSA, etc).
What you’ll do
- Advise the Product team on Compliance operational process and regulatory requirements across new product initiatives
- Help draft all relevant program documentation, processes, and polices
- Own compliance strategy and keep the team evolving to meet the needs of the company
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments in the industry
- Own relationships with key partners and vendors, including our Sponsor Bank
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior leadership compliance role.
- Minimum 5 years in people management.
- Experience working with FDIC-regulated financial institutions.
- Experience working with A-Z banking regulatory requirements (incl. Reg E, Reg CC, Reg DD, marketing reviews, BSA, etc).
- Experience with lending, SEC/FINRA regulations, blockchain and/or virtual currency, latest financial technology, and traditional financial services environments a plus.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻