Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
We are focused on building financial tools for a generation that craves and consumes hundreds of hours of content a week. We are looking for an experienced brand leader to shape our content strategy across a variety of platforms, channels and creators to reach this generation. We believe content plays a pivotal role in teaching financial literacy and education. Our consumers value originality and authenticity; they are not only consumers but creators of content themselves. You will help us harness this creativity into a long-term content vision, drive engagement across social channels and Discord. And, work cross-functionally to release new products and features driving brand affinity, awareness, and excitement.
- Lead, develop, manage and produce the company content strategy focused on entertainment, financial literacy, and education to expand the Step brand and bring our mission to life
- Manage the team supporting our social channels and influencer/creator efforts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and drive go-to-market content strategies that support feature releases and ensure company objectives are met
- Develop and experiment with new distribution strategies and channels based on consumer insights and data analyses (videos, newsletters, podcasts, etc…)
- Oversee and evolve Step’s daily content slate from development through post-production and delivery
- Lead and curate Step’s Discord Server managing the day-to-day ecosystem.
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new and creative marketing and product ideas
- 7+ years of experience building, managing and running content strategy & operations
- Has a mastery of multiple form factors -- video, podcast, long-form, short-form, social
- Detailed understanding of the production process and ability to take shows and videos from pitch into production and through post/delivery
- A vast network of writers, directors, and production crews and the ability to lead skeleton shoots and create content on their own
- Leverages data and insights to make decisions and drive strategy
- A strategic mindset that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan
- Thrives in a self-starter, fast-paced environment and is able to work autonomously
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Base pay salary range is $110,000-$160,000 and stock in early stage startup
- Salary will be determined by a variety of factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻