Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 4 million customers. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
This role is a combination of analytics engineering and data analytics.
As a Data Analytics Lead, you will support strategic initiatives across Growth, Marketing, Risk and Fraud, Customer Experience and more. You will have direct input into key decisions. Your work will have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of Step. Every day you will leverage our suite of analytical tools to bring insights and opportunities into focus.
You will also develop our data analytics platform which ingests, processes and exposes data for rapid and efficient data analysis used by every employee at Step.
Your focus will be on building reusable solutions, allowing us to quickly execute data analytics tasks, many times directly by the end user.
- Maintain and evolve the technical platform for data ingestion, transformation and monitoring for data analytics.
- Build reusable tools and artifacts to accelerate your own and other data analysts work.
- Support all cross-functional teammates for end-to-end analysis on key initiatives.
- Develop, own and champion how we leverage self serve data analytics tools including defining standards, data definitions and dashboards.
- Build, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights internally.
- Effectively partner with product, design, performance marketing, social and product marketing to design, build and implement experiments that test data-informed hypotheses.
- Research and support ideation, brainstorming, and prioritization process with quantitative data.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics and analytics engineering roles.
- High proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with a modern programming language.
- Strong command of software engineering principles and practices.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Tableau, etc.
- Developer experience in Looker is preferred (LookML).
- Experience designing experiments.
- Ability to gather insights from data and communicate findings clearly to a cross-functional team.
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals.
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Base pay salary range is $120,000-$170,000 and stock in early stage startup
- Salary will be determined by a variety of factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Paid parental Leave 🐣
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Professional development reimbursement 📚
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻