Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for its first SRE/DevOps Engineer to help us define and implement how we deploy and run our software in the cloud. This is an opportunity to start as an individual contributor and help us build and lead the SRE/DevOps Engineering team. You are a self-starter passionate about automation who is comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across Step.
What you’ll do
- Define an infrastructure roadmap for Step, prioritize and execute on it
- Own and support Step's GCP/GKE based infrastructure
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Be part of a high energy, fun, world class engineering team
- Contribute to the design, implementation and running of a high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Solid grasp of your favorite modern programming language
- Passion for uptime and automation
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻