Security Engineer, Infrastructure
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Information security is paramount in everything we do to protect our customers and employees at Step. We are looking for a Security Engineer to focus on product and corporate information security. If you are interested to become the first engineer to help us build the foundation of the security stack at Step, we would love to talk to you!
What you’ll do
- This person will be joining the security team and working with SRE/Infrastructure to build a secure cloud infrastructure
- Be the subject matter expert on infrastructure security, consult best practices across the engineering team.
- This person will be working closely with the infrastructure team to secure our google cloud projects. This will include managing:
- Cloud Armor rules
- firewall rules
- Designing and building secure cloud access
- Helping design Istio ACL’s and kubernetes roles, building and collecting data into a SEIM, and setting up security scans for terraform
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years relevant work experience in infrastructure security.
- A desire to help build the product, not just poke holes in it.
- Experience advising internal stakeholders on how to address a broad set of security and privacy challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate impact for the infrastructure security projects on the roadmap.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻