Senior Mobile Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Software Engineer. As part of the team you’ll be at the forefront of developing new user-facing features and helping us deliver our first product to the public. We are building a cross platform app using React Native + Mobx, so React Native experience is a plus but not required.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production
- Prioritize maintainable code and test all the things
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Be part of a high energy, fun, world class engineering team
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for software quality
- Proven track record of delivering mobile apps
- Expert in React Native
- Typescript proficiency
- Native Android and/or iOS development experience.
- React Native
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻