Senior UX Researcher
Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced UX Researcher who can lead research across the company. We are a design focused consumer brand that works on physical products, digital products, and mobile apps. We're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves, work closely with Product, Design, and Analytics to conduct various types of research, manage communication with our highly engaged community and inform product decisions. The ideal candidate is a passionate researcher who is comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams to influence product strategy and rally them around elegant, innovative mobile solutions that delight our users.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Analytics, Designers, Product, and Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Communicate directly with internal stakeholders to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements of a project.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com).
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (e.g. Qualtrics), Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain