Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series A company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Our goal is to keep our user’s accounts safe and provide them with uninterrupted access to their money while minimizing the company’s financial risk and regulatory exposure. As a Compliance Analyst, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve both of these goals by reviewing high-risk events, and helping to optimize our tools to identify fraud patterns and trends.
In this position you will work closely with our Fraud and Customer Experience teams to identify transactional signals and behaviors, create rules around the patterns of these signals and behaviors, which drive both queue creation for case review and the development of cohorts we can use to identify where the highest impact is to the business.
- Become an expert in our current risk and regulatory mitigation methodologies
- Partner with various internal teams, and our third party partners to design risk systems that will enable us to proactively identify high-risk behavior.
- Analyze errors that result in a loss to Step to determine their root cause and identify process improvements, solutions, projects, and initiatives which will decrease these losses and improve operational efficiency.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence for customers at on-boarding and on-going monitoring.
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request.
- Effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity.
- Conduct reviews using queries from internal systems and databases.
- 3+ years of experience in a Risk or Compliance Analyst role and proven proficiency with SQL and dashboarding tools like Looker and Tableau.
- Solid analytical skills and an understanding of how to utilize data to target improvements and solve problems.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - you’ll need to speak with and write to internal team members and external business partners.
- Enjoy the process of solving the puzzle, not just being able to state the problem has been solved.
- Work effectively in a team environment where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Able to work independently.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A place to learn and grow, and strengthen areas of interest through an interactive experience, along with a varied exposure to different processes and teams
- A chance to work in a fast-paced organization focusing on innovation and growth
- Opportunity to be involved in initiatives and have ownership of tasks focused on continuous improvement with shared interests of the company
- Build strong relationships within and across teams
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain