Front-End Engineer (Mid, Sr)
Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for Front-End Software Engineers of all levels, who are passionate about finances and financial literacy and wants to build applications to help families manage their finances. Our cross-platform mobile and web apps are built using React, Mobx, Kotlin, GCP, and many other popular modern technologies.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production.
- Contribute to the design and development of the existing projects and features at all tiers - DB, backend services, libraries and front-end applications.
- See your contributions make a weekly impact on the evolving product.
- Proactively look for feedback and opportunities to improve the product and optimize workflows via face-to-face collaboration with the Customer Support, Risk, and Growth teams.
- Work in a small, tight-knit, cross-functional, world-class engineering team.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for software quality
- Proven track record of delivering React web or mobile apps based
- BA/BS+ degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Expert in React or React Native
- Typescript proficiency
- Native Android and/or iOS development experience
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻