Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series A company focused on disrupting banking through differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for a Front-End Software Engineer. We’re looking for a Front-end Engineer who is passionate about building applications to help families manage their finances. Our cross-platform mobile and web apps are built using React, Mobx, Kotlin, GCP, and many other popular modern technologies.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production.
- See your contributions make a weekly impact on an evolving product.
- Proactively look for feedback and opportunities to improve the product and optimize workflows via face-to-face collaboration with the Customer Support, Risk, and Growth teams.
- Work in a small, tight-knit, cross-functional, world-class engineering team.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for software quality
- Proven track record of delivering React web or mobile apps based
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Expert in React or React Native
- Typescript proficiency
- Native Android and/or iOS development experience
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup that is growing.
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy.
- Free daily lunches.
- Free snacks & drinks.
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing.
- Office right next to Caltrain.