Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As a Product Manager at Step, you will lead product decisioning and delivery in your product area, with an eye to Step’s overall business goals.
You will use data and insights to prioritize your roadmap, articulating the why behind your decisions. You will work with Design and Engineering in particular, as well as Customer Experience, Risk & Compliance, Design, and Growth to deliver value and delight to our customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer;
- Use data and insights to identify the highest impact features, improvements, and experiments;
- Write specifications outlining problems & objectives, key elements of the feature, decision rationales, and metrics;
- Partner with design, engineering, and other stakeholders to prioritize, build and roll out product features;
- Measure impact and communicate learnings.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent, software engineering or design experience a plus,
- Experience in fintech or related consumer technology where consumer safety and security is paramount
- Experience building, launching, and managing products at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Deep care for the customer, proactive, outcome-oriented
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻