Senior Backend Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer. As part of the team you’ll be at the forefront of developing new core banking features and helping us deliver our first product to the public.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production
- Improve existing and develop new Kotlin services
- Prioritize maintainable code and test all the things
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years experience in backend development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for software quality
- Kotlin, Java
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ, Dagger, Swagger
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻