Gen Z is the generation of the side-hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey.
Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
As the first CRM & LIfecycle Marketing Manager, you will be a founding team member and own the customer journey, helping build and grow new engagement touchpoints to set the next generation up for financial success. Starting day one, you’ll immerse yourself in all things Gen Z and their journey through our product. You’ll partner with our Product Marketing, Social and Creator Teams to brainstorm and build new lifecycle journeys to empower teens to take on their financial independence.
As you build out Step’s CRM platform and lifecycle touchpoints, you’ll analyze and dive deep into the data. You’ll identify new opportunities to experiment and optimize the customer experience. You’ll dig into new trends in the customer journey and help inform product decisions and creative direction. You’ll support product launches and brand campaigns, to educate and empower teens on their financial journey.
- Develop a best-in-class lifecycle and CRM strategy to personalize tactics across channels and audience segments
- Own the day-to-day execution of email, in-app and push campaigns including writing, building, scheduling, testing and reporting
- Identify new CRM trends, implement best practices and build processes to enable continuous experimentation and iteration
- Leverage consumer insights and analyses to develop new hypotheses and experiments
- Understand our target audience, build out segmentation and identify new opportunities for improvement in the customer journey
- Manage external CRM agency partners
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new and creative marketing and product ideas
- 5-7 years of experience in consumer (B2C) lifecycle and CRM marketing, preferably with a mobile app, technology, or start-up experience
- Analytical and experimental mindset can use and leverage data and insights to brainstorm ideas, make decisions and drive growth
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Braze
- Excited about building things from the ground up and implementing programs from start-to-finish
- Curiosity and hunger for solving difficult problems
- Thrives in a self-starter fast-paced environment, able to work autonomously
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Experience with HTML preferred
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻