Director of Performance Marketing
Bay Area or Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side-hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just four months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to accelerate our paid media efforts. As the Director of Performance Marketing, you will lead the development and execution of our performance strategy. From creative development to channel exploration and optimization, you will have a direct impact on the growth of Step. You will immediately be tasked with building out a team and report to the Head of Growth. You will work cross-functionally with almost every team to bring your ideas to life. There isn't an idea that is off-limits. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and roots their decisions in data.
- Develop, execute, optimize, and own our performance marketing strategy
- Build out the Performance Marketing team to scale your efforts
- Manage the paid budget and drive efficiencies as we scale
- Explore and test new channels and audiences, utilizing data to validate the channel’s efficacy
- Collaborate cross-functionally to test, validate, and execute new initiatives/ideas
- Create, maintain, and distribute tracking and reporting against core KPIs
- Lead creative development and implement scalable workflows
- Work directly with design and external partners to develop creative and compelling assets
- Keep up to date with Gen Z culture and trends to inform new creative and channel strategies
- 5+ years of acquisition and growth marketing experience, preferably with a mobile app
- 2+ years of experience building and leading a team
- Experience owning the exploration and testing of new channels
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to answer your own questions using SQL and spreadsheets
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻