Senior Data Analyst
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1.5M customers in just six months. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will support strategic initiatives across Growth, Marketing, Risk and Fraud, Customer Experience and more. You will have direct input into key decisions. Your work will have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of Step. Every day you will leverage our suite of analytical tools to bring insights and opportunities into focus.
- Support all cross-functional teammates for end-to-end analysis on key initiatives.
- Develop, own and champion how we leverage Looker including defining standards, data definitions and dashboards.
- Build, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights internally.
- Effectively partner with product, design, performance marketing, social and product marketing to design, build and implement experiments that test data-informed hypotheses.
- Research and support ideation, brainstorming, and prioritization process with quantitative data.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role (consulting, finance, growth, analytics, etc).
- High proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with a modern programming language a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Tableau, etc.
- Developer experience in Looker is preferred (LookML).
- Experience designing experiments.
- Ability to gather insights from data and communicate findings clearly to a cross-functional team.
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals.
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻