Palo Alto / Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for a Visual Designer to evolve and expand our visual identity across multiple channels. You leverage data to develop insights and an in-depth understanding of an audience that is constantly changing. You will push our brand voice through your ideas, work, and design direction. You will work closely with our Growth, Communications, and Product Teams to deliver high quality work across a variety of platforms. Let's change people’s relationship with money by making it fun, easy, and cool.
- Deliver the highest quality visual design for all channels across digital and physical forms (ex: app, web, social, email, print)
- Elevate, evolve, and expand the Step brand through your work and direction.
- Improve KPIs aligned with business goals, including conversion rate, open rate, click rate, etc.
- Contribute creative ideas and strategies to cross-functional brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Stay informed on the changing landscape of marketing design, including trends, best practices, and new tools/technologies.
- Interpret creative briefs, document channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce high-performing creative.
- Provide feedback for creative briefs and contribute ideas to the creative process.
- Digest and implement design feedback from multiple stakeholders in real-time.
- Partner with the Product Design, and front-end developers to develop and implement assets for all platforms.
- Work collaboratively with Product, Product Marketing, Social, and other internal stakeholders to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements of a project.
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new creative ideas.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a visual, graphic, or web designer.
- Demonstrated experience delivering high quality designs for brands, products, social media, web, etc.
- Experience designing marketing material for financial service, gaming, or educational products or brands with a teenage audience.
- Ability to understand and interpret data to help guide design decisions that improve critical business objectives.
- An innate understanding of what resonates in culture and will move the needle with our brand.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻