Senior Product Manager, Data & Internal Tools
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution across all employee-facing products, with an eye to Step’s overall business goals. You will work with Design and Engineering in particular, to build tools that help our Risk & Compliance, Finance, CX and other internal teams better serve our customers and work with our partners. Over time, you will build and lead a team of product managers, each focusing on specific platform product areas.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customers and of our employees who serve them directly;
- Work with the leadership team on refining our platform product vision and strategy;
- Uncover insights and identify technologies and partners to deliver products our employees love;
- Create and manage the platform product roadmap, in alignment with our partners’ roadmap and with buy-in from stakeholders;
- Partner with design, engineering, and other stakeholders to define, build and roll out product features;
- 8+ years of product management experience or equivalent, software engineering experience a plus;
- Experience in fintech or related consumer technology where consumer safety and security is paramount;
- Experience building, launching, and managing products at scale;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Deep care for the customer, proactive, outcome-oriented.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻