Palo Alto | Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As Step’s first copywriter you will lead efforts across support, marketing, content and product. Your mission will be to humanize product experiences ☝️and translate financial jargon to make things simple and approachable 👋, while bringing the Gen Z voice to life. Your efforts and thought leadership will help shape the Step brand, as you establish a strategy and vision for content and copy. The role requires a desire to make a meaningful impact on the next generation.
- Lead all copywriting efforts that attract, engage and retain customers, from concept to writing to editing across all workstreams
- Collaborate daily in a cross-functional team environment with folks from Design, Product, Paid, Brand, and Product Marketing.
- Develop systems, processes and guidelines that enable a consistent tone of voice and style across all teams
- Communicate complex technical and financial topics in clear and concise ways to a non-technical or financially savvy audience
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and bring their voice into our written content across a variety of mediums
- 6+ years experience writing either in-house or at an agency
- Experience with a consumer product across brand, support, marketing and product
- An exceptional communicator who is able to gain alignment across a variety of stakeholders
- Receptive and hungry for feedback
- A self-starter who thrives autonomously and can navigate ambiguity
- Has a genuine interest in product and brand storytelling
- Meticulously organized with a knack for the details
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻