Marketing Analytics Lead
Palo Alto, CA
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers in our first 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As the Marketing Analytics Lead you’ll play a critical role in informing marketing strategy and decision making. You’ll work cross-functionally across marketing, product and engineering to drive operations, measurement and optimization of growth marketing efforts. As part of this role, you'll own the marketing data infrastructure and experimentation framework to help us scale rapidly. You’ll contribute actionable insights and recommendations to drive improvements in scale and efficiency on existing marketing efforts and assist in the strategy and planning of future initiatives.
We’re looking for a candidate with deep experience in marketing-centric data work who wants to bring their expertise to a mission-driven and disruptive company that is scaling rapidly.
- Support the development of a best-in-class marketing strategy by defining key metrics and customer segmentation models.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Media mix modeling to measure the incremental impact of marketing campaigns and improve the effectiveness of budget allocation decisions
- Development of customer profiles, cohorts and audience for use in campaigns and experiments
- Own marketing specific ETL requests
- Assist in the implementation process and QA of third-party vendors and partners
- Zoom in and out, going from hands on SQL/python analysis with large datasets to discussions with executive leadership on marketing investment
- 4-6 years in a data-centric role with at least 2-3 in a growth and marketing measurement capacity
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, ETL pipeline development, building dashboards, and data warehousing.
- Python or R adept
- Has built out a media mix model that informed budget allocation
- Experience with a mobile consumer product a plus
- Experience in fin-tech a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻