Palo Alto, CA or Remote
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers in our first 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
At Step, we rely on our IT systems to power the solutions that help our colleagues around the globe. We’re seeking an experienced IT manager who can join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient. In this role, you will analyze our current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of SaaS platforms, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge and scaling growth efficiently. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of IT, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, email, laptops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Provide assistance in audit/compliance of IT infrastructure
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Develop and execute compliance documentation, disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in IT management or in a lead role
- Experience with or knowledge of enterprise collaboration platforms (Google Workspace, Slack), current equipment and technologies, enterprise systems management tools (Jamf), and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Professional certifications
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻