Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As the first Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager at Step, you will own the development and execution of lifecycle programs that engage, educate, and inspire the next generation to achieve financial independence. You will be instrumental to ensuring all of our customer segments understand the full potential of Step’s offerings and, ultimately, realize long-term value.
You will create and optimize programs that drive feature adoption amongst teens and young adults while helping parents understand why Step is the best banking solution for their family. You’ll become an expert on the important moments of our customers' lifecycles and use channels such as email, push, in-app, and SMS to present the right messages and incentives, at the right time. Working closely with Product Marketing, Content, Design, Data Science and Performance Marketing, you’ll bring new products and features to market through a mix of triggered, transactional, and promotional campaigns. A successful candidate must be able to seamlessly switch between operating at a strategic level and tactic level.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop best-in-class lifecycle programs that span each stage of the customer journey, from onboarding through referral, for various audiences
- Leverage consumer insights to build a personalization strategy that ensures communications and experiences are relevant to distinct audiences that Step serves
- Own the day-to-day execution of email, in-app, SMS and push campaigns including writing, building, scheduling, testing and reporting
- Improve and ideate around Step’s referral program, working closely with the Data Science team to discover what drives virality amongst teens and young adults
- Create experimentation roadmaps and regularly test new hypotheses about how to improve campaign efectiveness, and productize successful tactics
- Lead the creative development process for channel assets, including developing campaign strategy briefs and collaborating with design and copy
- Identify new automation trends, implement best practices and build processes to enable continuous experimentation and iteration
- Be a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture and highlight trends that can help inform new and creative marketing and product ideas
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in consumer (B2C) lifecycle marketing, preferably with a mobile app, technology, or start-up experience
- Extensive channel experience with email, push notifications, SMS, and in-app messaging
- An analytical and experimental mindset with an ability to leverage data and insights to brainstorm ideas, make decisions and drive growth
- Experience in working closely with Product and Engineering teams to set up data attributes and triggered events based on user lifecycle management needs
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Braze (Bonus: You have the ability to write your own SQL queries)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to work autonomously, and hungry to solve difficult problems
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻