Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Information security is paramount in everything we do to protect our customers and employees at Step. We are looking for a Security Engineer to focus on product security. If you are interested in becoming the first engineer to help us build the foundation of the security stack at Step, we would love to talk to you!
What you’ll do
- Identify key security considerations that we need to address as we're growing our products.
- Be the subject matter expert on application security, consult best practices across the engineering team.
- Assess risks to our customers across a wide range of product and technology areas, including mobile, backend infrastructure, key management, account recovery, third party integrations, authentication, and privacy.
- Own security-critical systems at Step. Includes but not limited to authentication, access control and encryption services.
- Establish secure coding practices across the engineering team.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years relevant work experience in application security.
- Software Engineering skills and background, ability to design and build software.
- A desire to help build the product, not just poke holes in it.
- Experience advising product teams on how to address a broad set of security and privacy challenges.
- Experience shipping code in consumer-facing products, preferably across both backend and mobile domains.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate impact for the application security projects on the roadmap.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻