Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 4 million customers. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an experienced product designer who can lead the overall product, design, and UX strategy for a new initiative. We are a design focused consumer brand that works on physical products, digital products, and mobile apps. We're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves, lead design on individual features and make design decisions in a role with plenty of room to grow. The ideal candidate is a passionate designer who is comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams to influence product strategy and rally them around elegant, innovative mobile solutions that delight our users.
What you’ll do
- Design flows and experiences that are intuitive and elegant.
- Execute on a master level with an eagle eye for detail.
- Give feedback on product strategy and design work to continually push the level of quality on the team.
- Work closely with our internal teams to understand their workflow and needs.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design, Product and Engineering to deliver a world class experience to our customer support, risk and trust & safety teams.
- Create and maintain a design system to be used across internal tools.
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions).
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software (mobile and web).
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of design work.
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple website and/or an application).
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Paid parental Leave 🐣
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Professional development reimbursement 📚
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻