Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in our first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an experienced Head of PR and Communications who can run communications strategy across the company. We are a fast growing consumer brand that is positioning ourselves as a thought leader in financial services. We're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves and help lead communications. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader who is comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams to influence brand strategy.
- Build strong relationships with key business, finance, consumer and tech journalists
- From new products to thought leadership angles, pitch the media exciting stories
- Secure top tier coverage for the company across print, online and broadcast media
- Secure keynote speaking positions at local financial and tech conferences
- Lead branding and positioning across the company
- Lead internal and external communications across the company
- You have 7+ years experience in PR, ideally from an agency or tech background
- You have existing relationships with leading tech, business and financial journalists
- You pride yourself in being creative and know how to build awareness
- You are incredibly hard working, hands-on and keep cool under pressure
- You are results-driven and understand the importance of reporting on performance
- You are a team player and incredibly passionate about our mission and goals
- You are highly collaborative
- You are proactive, a problem solver and comfortable in a fast paced environment
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻