Step Credit Score Challenge Contest Official Rules
Contest Submission Recommendations:
Step has the ability to use any and all submissions from the contest in Step’s advertising in perpetuity at its discretion. If Step decides to promote a contestant’s video, Step will pay a one-time fee of $50.
Users will need to provide the code to boost the video.
For TikTok, refer to instructions here on how to create a code. Scroll to the bottom under “Step 2: Authorize video for promotional use.”
For IG, instructions are here on how to generate a code.
If you are planning to use music on TikTok, please make sure it’s cleared for commercial use. On the TikTok app, open the camera, click “Add sound” at the top of the screen and tap “Sounds.” Tap “Commercial sounds.” From here, you can browse and search for audio.
If you are planning to use music on Instagram, then please use music and sound effects from Facebook Sound Collections only.
At the end of the video, include a call to action to download the Step app, or use a green screen showing Step in the app store (make sure no other brands are shown).
Step Mobile Inc.
Step Credit Score Challenge Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. U.S. LAW GOVERNS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES (the “Official Rules”), WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Sponsor: The Step Credit Score Challenge Contest (“Contest”), is administered by Step Mobile, Inc., located at 120 Hawthorne Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Contest Event Period: The Contest begins on April 20, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. PT and ends on April 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Event Period”).
4. MANDATORY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM DISCLOSURE. The Contest in its entirety is not endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with any platforms, whether social media, game, or gaming platform (“Third Party Platforms”). The Third Party Platforms required to participate in the Contest have their own terms and use and their own privacy policies, which you must agree to in order to participate in the Contest. When you create an account, you are providing your information to these Third Party Platforms and agreeing to their terms and conditions, for which Sponsor has no control. When you participate in the Contest, the information you provide specific to the Contest will be used by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. How to Enter: To enter you must complete the following:
Enroll in and/or use one or more of the Step features such as Savings Goals, Investing, P2P transfers or a Card Transaction.
Create a TikTok and/or Instagram account or log in to your existing TikTok and/or Instagram account.
Follow Step Mobile (@step) on TikTok and/or @stepmobile on Instagram
Create one (1) video (recommended video length is 20-30 seconds) about Step and how Step has positively impacted your personal finances. For example, helping build credit history, growing your savings, or earning cash back through rewards.
Post the video on your TikTok profile or as a reel on your Instagram profile, use the hashtag #stepmoneychallenge, and tag Step as @step on TikTok and/or @stepmobile on Instagram (depending on where you post).
Your post constitutes an entry into the Contest. You may enter on Instagram and TikTok separately, but there is only 1 first place and 1 second place winner across both platforms. All entries in the Contest Event Period must be received no later than April 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT, according to the computer time listed on the social media platform, or according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Any entries received after 11:59 a.m. PT on April 23, 2023 will not be considered. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection:
Each qualified entry will be entered into a contest to take place about 12:00 p.m. PT, on or about the day the Contest Event Period ends (“Entrants”). Contest selections will be judged based on the personal subjective determination of other Instagram or TikTok users, and may be based on the content, production, or other aspects of the video entry. In the event of a tie between two or more users, selections will be judged by a representative of Sponsor, from among all qualified entries received during the Contest Event Period (“Selected Entrants”) based on the creativity of the video and overall messaging within the video on how the Selected Entrants’ financial lives have improved. One (1) Selected Entrant across both TikTok or Instagram with the highest number of likes on their video will be selected as first place winner and will be awarded $100 (USD) deposited into their Step Account, if open and in good standing, within 2 business days. One (1) Selected Entrant across both TikTok or Instagram with the second highest number of likes on their video will be selected as second place winner and will be awarded $80 (USD) deposited into their Step Account, if open and in good standing, within 2 business days. The Selected Entrants will be notified by a direct message via the Step App, Instagram, TikTok, or via email. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, s/he/they will be determined by the authorized account holder of the Step account submitted at time of entry. Once Selected Entrants have provided all necessary information Step will credit their Step accounts with the Contest amount.
Total Value of Prizes: 2 selections with a first place winner across both the Instagram and TikTok platforms receiving $100 and a second place winner across both Instagram and TikTok receiving $80, totaling $180.
8. Publicity: By participating in the Contest, any Entrant in the Promotion, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s name, any submitted photographs, videos and reels, and/or Entrant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may choose to promote or boost (“Boost”) one or more Entrants. In the event of a Boost, Sponsor will pay to Entrant a one-time fee of $50, to be deposited into their Step Account (if active and in good standing). Entrant’s must provide the code to boost the video. Details will be provided by Sponsor to Entrant in the event of a Boost.
9. General Conditions: By participating, and except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited.
10. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Contest during the Contest Event Period or the following Contest Event Period. Except where prohibited, Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Promotion, generally. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for delays or cancellations related to a pandemic, including COVID-19, computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to pandemic, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. Disputes and Governing Law:
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN SELECTED ENTRANT AND ANY RELEASEE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Contest Results: For Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, within 120 days, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Step Inc. #StepContests” in the subject line.
© 2022-23, Step Mobile, Inc. All rights reserved.