General Rules. These rules apply generally to any Step Mobile, Inc. sweepstakes promotion (“Promotion”) sponsored by Step (“Sponsor”) that is conducted in the United States and has an aggregate prize value of under $5000.00. These rules are designed to work with the additional information providing in the specific Instagram promotion call to action (the “Specific Instagram Post”), which will outline specific terms, along with any additional information or special notices relating to the Promotion. Contests and promotions that do not fit the above-referenced criteria will have their own special terms and conditions accessible from the online entry page for that promotion. In addition, whenever necessary, some special terms and changes not noted in these rules or in the Specific Instagram Post will be digitally posted on a landing site for which a link will be provided.
Promotion Dates: All Specific Instagram Posts shall include an “end” date listed on the Specific Instagram Post. In some cases, there will be a start date. If there is a start date listed, the time will be 12:01am California Time (regardless of Daylight Savings Time), unless otherwise noted on the Specific Instagram Post. All entries must be received by the end date and time to be eligible to win. The end time, unless otherwise noted, will always be 11:59PM, California time, according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Start and end time shall constitute the “Promotion Period.” In some cases, the Promotion Period will be a matter of minutes, not days or hours. Mail in entries are never accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for any misdirected or otherwise late entries for any reason.
Sponsor: All Promotions are sponsored by Step, Inc., 120 Hawthorne Ave. Palo Alto, CA 94301. Additional sponsors, if any, will be noted on the Specific Instagram Post Post and will collectively be referred to as “Sponsor.”
Odds. The odds of winning for any Promotion depend upon the number of entries received.
Eligibility: Unless otherwise noted in the Specific Instagram Post, Promotions are open to persons who are 13 or older, who are current lawful US residents, and who have a smartphone prior to the start of any Promotion (“Entrants”). Entrants under the age of 18 must have your parent or guardian’s permission to participate. Note that in some cases, to win a prize, you will have to have or open a Step account, which is free. To open a Step account, access the website at www.step.com and enter your phone number. Employees of Sponsor its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of any Promotion, as well as each parent corporation, subsidiary and affiliated company and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in any Step Promotion. In the event the prize requires a winner to have an account in good standing with Sponsor, no substitute prize will be awarded of any value in the event winner does not meet this requirement.
How to Enter: To enter, you must have a valid, public account on Instagram. Instagram accounts are free and can be created at www.instagram.com. For all Promotions, you will refer to the Specific Instagram Post to determine how to enter, or see below, which will outline the entry method. Only the entry method specified in the Specific Instagram Post is allowed. All other entries will be disregarded. Unless otherwise noted in the Specific Instagram Post, only one entry per natural person per Promotion. Please note that Entrants may be required to like or follow the Sponsor or co-Sponsor of any Promotion for the duration of the Promotion.
Instagram Promotion Types:
Step Buys You Lunch: you must have an account on Step to participate in this Promotion. Creating an account is free. At the start of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will create a Reel montage on its Instagram Feed (“IG Feed”), which is titled “Step Buys Your Lunch” and/or the hashtag #sweepstakes. The montage will consist of different foods and/or food merchants liked by Sponsor’s followers. Follow Sponsor at https://www.instagram.com/stepmobile/. Then Screenshot the video, which will identify what you should have for lunch (the “Entry”). Repost the screenshot Entry in your Instagram story, tagging Step, and adding the hashtag #sweepstakes, for a chance to win.
Guess How Many Team Members: you must have an account on Step to participate in this Promotion. Creating an account is free. Follow Sponsor at https://www.instagram.com/stepmobile/. Sponsor will post to its IG Feed a request with the hashtag #sweepstakes to guess how team members are on #TeamBlue right now (right now will be the last number of team members Sponsor has at the end of the Promotion Period). Comment on the IG Feed your answer. A single cash prize will be awarded to the winner. In the event of multiple winners, the cash prize will be divided evenly.
Screenshot the Step Card: you must have an account on Step to participate in this Promotion. Creating an account is free. Follow Sponsor at https://www.instagram.com/stepmobile/. Sponsor will make a Specific Instagram Post on Instagram Stories, which contains the Step Debit Card. Screenshot the Step Debit Card, and repost it to your own Instagram Story using the hashtag #sweepstakes. go to Sponsor’s link as instructed on the specific
Cashback Merchants: you must have an account on Step to participate in this Promotion. Creating an account is free. Follow Sponsor at https://www.instagram.com/stepmobile/. Sponsor will post to its IG Feed a reel that contains several hidden merchant logos and the hashtag #sweepstakes to guess how many merchants are hidden in the post. Comment on the IG Feed with your answer. A winner will be chosen at random.
Prizes: Prize information will be available on the Specific Instagram Post The Average Retail Value of any prize (“ARV”) of a prize will be listed along with the number of prizes for any Promotion. In the event that the Promotion requires a drawing to determine the winner, a selected entrant or several selected entrants (hereafter “Selected Entrants”), will be chosen on or about 24 hours after the Promotion Period. No Selected Entrant shall be entitled to any price differential between the actual retail value of any prize and the ARV listed in the Specific Instagram Post. Other prize information, including the number of prizes, ARV for all prizes, total ARV in a single promotion, and delivery methods for prize shall be noted herein or disclosed on the Specific Instagram Post site.
10. Prize Notification: You will be notified in the manner consistent with the method of entry used in the Specific Instagram Post you entered, usually by direct message, or using the information you provided. Please note that you will have to provide your username on your Step account in order to receive any prize that will be deposited in that account. Failure to provide that information will result in forfeiture of the account. Except where prohibited, depending upon the prize value or type, Selected Entrant may be required to execute a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release a Publicity Release, a W-9 form, and a Tax Acceptance Form (“Declaration/Release”). Selected Entrants may be required to show proof of their age before being awarded a prize without parental consent, or may be required to get parental consent before receiving a prize. Selected Entrants forfeit the prize if they do not respond to the prize notification within the specified time period. Any documents supplied to Selected Entrant must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents, except where prohibited. If a Selected Entrant fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then that Selected Entrant may be disqualified and an alternate Entrant may be selected. Given the time sensitive nature of some prizes, Selected Entrant may have fewer than 24 hours to respond to prize notification.
11. Prize Delivery. Prize will be delivered in the manner noted either in the Specific Instagram Post, in these rules, or in a manner communicated to the winner by direct message on Instagram. Note that if the prize is funds or money, it will be transferred within 15 days (and usually within 1 day) to the Entrant’s Step account. In order for prize to be transferred, Selected Entrants must provide Sponsor with their Step account username.
12. Prize Conditions: Winning a prize may be a taxable event. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants, and Selected Entrants who are U.S. residents may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from any Specific Instagram Post will be the sole responsibility of each winner who accepts a prize. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and/or any related or affiliated companies (collectively “Promotion Entities”) to use said winner’s name on air or social platforms, and in some cases, his or her or their photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, sweepstakes entry, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with Sponsor generally. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, location, and claims made by the Selected Entrant also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
13. Promotion Conditions: This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. Winner and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and each of the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose (unless sponsor provides the prize winner with written warranties). Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or acts of any government or authority. Void Where Prohibited.
14. Restrictions: The prize package consists of only those items specifically described as part of the prize on the Specific Instagram Post site or by the Sponsor. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor shall not be liable to any winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of G-d, COVID or other pandemics and pandemic issues, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, cancellation or postponement of any concert or other event, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
15. Limitations of Liability: Neither Promotion Entities nor Sponsor are responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (6) misprints or typographical errors related to these rules or any Specific Instagram Post or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, and only if the Promotion has not ended. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason any Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Specific Instagram Post, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Promotion and to select a potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Sponsor may correct typographical errors at any time. Caution: any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
16. Jury Trial Waiver: Except as prohibited by law and as a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrant hereby waives any right he/she may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this promotion, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
18. Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, access the Specific Instagram Post page prior to the end of the promotion and click on the link to these rules. For the name and address of a prize winner or a copy of the rules, send an email with your request and a link to the Specific Instagram Post you are inquiring about to email@example.com. Please specify if you would like a copy of the rules. Winners list becomes available after completion of Promotion and remain active for at least 120 days.