Stock Contest Official Terms and Conditions
Step Mobile, Inc.
STEP STOCKS SWEEPSTAKES
Official Terms and Conditions
MUST BE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. U.S. LAW GOVERNS. NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS. THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST STEP ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND (3) YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US RESOLVED BY A JURY OR IN A COURT OF LAW.
1. Sponsor: The Step Mobile, Inc. Stocks Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by Step Mobile, Inc., located at 120 Hawthorne Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes period (“Sweepstakes Period”) begins on February 22, 2023 at 9:01AM ET and ends on February 27, 2023 at 11:59PM ET.
4. MANDATORY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM DISCLOSURE. If you choose to use social media platforms, you must abide by any terms and conditions that govern such use. Step Mobile is not affiliated with these third party platforms and they in no way support, endorse or sponsor this Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry: (1) Participation in Step Stocks; and (2) Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”) outlined below. Each Entrant may submit one (1) entry. AMOE entries have an equal chance of winning.
5.1. Participation in Step Stocks Method of Entry:
Register for a DriveWealth stock account within the Step App (“Stock Account”) if you do not already have a Stock Account through the App.
Complete one purchase of stock (buy) within your Stock Account.
Create an Instagram account or log in to your existing Instagram account.
Follow Step Mobile (@stepmobile) on Instagram.
Share Step’s post regarding the announcement of Step stock launch.
Your post constitutes an entry into the Sweepstakes.
5.2. Alternative Method of Entry: to avoid entering via the Participation in Step Stocks Method of Entry, entrants may enter by the AMOE instead. To enter via this method, e-mail Sponsor at email@example.com with the following entry information:
Promotion Name: Step Stocks Sweepstakes;
First and Last Name;
Telephone Number; and
If an AMOE entry does not provide all the above information, such entry will be deemed ineligible, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All entries, by either Participation in Step Stocks or AMOE, must be received no later than February 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET during the Sweepstakes Event Period, according to the computer time listed on the social media platform, or according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Any entries received after 11:59 p.m. ET on February 27, 2023 will not be considered. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false.
6. Things to remember. You may not retroactively sign up. No entries will be given credit before or after the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt to beat or game the system or engage in any practice that tampers with the fair play of the program, create fake accounts, or otherwise commit acts designed to undermine the promotion will result in disqualification from winning any prize.
7. Prize Notification. Each qualified entry will be entered into random drawings to take place about 9:00 a.m. ET, on or about the day after the Sweepstakes Period ends. The winner will be drawn by a representative of Sponsor, from among all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Winning Entrant”).
There will be 1 Winning Entrant drawn who will be notified by a direct message via the Step App, Instagram, phone, or via email. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, s/he/they will be determined by the authorized account holder of the Step account submitted at time of entry. Once the Winning Entrant has provided all necessary information Step will credit the Step account with the Sweepstakes amount.
8. Prizes. The Winning Entrant will be awarded a trip to New York City, along with one (1) guest, on March 1, 2013 to March 2, 2023. For a Winning Entrant that is under 18 years old, the accompanying guest must be a parent or legal guardian.
Total value of Prizes: (i) up to $1,000 in economy flights; (ii) up to $1,000 in hotel accommodations; and (iii) $5,000 deposited into Step Account for a total of up to $7,000.
Entrants understand and acknowledge that the value of any stocks or securities may go to zero. Users are responsible for taxes on any gains.
9. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. Taxes. This Sweepstakes is a taxable event. In the event any participant receives a prize that, independently, or in conjunction with other prizes awarded by Step that amounts to $600 or more will be subject to taxation. Award recipients may receive a form 1099 and are responsible for any and all tax burdens associated with the prize. Adults and minors are required to provide information in order for Sponsor to issue a form 1099, and all minors must have the signature of a parent or guardian on the declaration of eligibility/liability/publicity release issued before prize will be awarded. Please note that monetary prize winners must provide their social security number in order to receive their awards.
11. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any participant grants the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such participant’s name, any submitted photographs, and/or participant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: By participating, and except where prohibited, Participants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Terms and Conditions. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to clarify or update these terms in the event of a printing or typographical error. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Terms and Conditions, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Participant. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited.
13. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the participant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period or the following Sweepstakes Period. Except where prohibited, participants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliated influencers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, generally. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for delays or cancellations related to a pandemic, including COVID-19, computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to pandemic, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES OR CLAIMS THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN A COURT, AND SUCH ARBITRATION WILL BE CONDUCTED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION’S (“AAA”) RULES AND PROCEDURES; (2) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN PARTICIPANT AND ANY RELEASEE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (5) PARTICIPANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
15. Governing Law. Disputes regarding these Official Terms and Conditions and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Terms and Conditions, within 120 days, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Step Inc. #StepStocksSweepstakes” in the subject line.
© 2022-2023, Step Mobile, Inc. All rights reserved.